There was no set brief for this project as I took it as a continuation from the previous semester. In the previous semester I created Boost, which can be found here. In this project, I created a gym application, aimed towards beginners in the gym. The original project was a success, but I wanted to push it further and see where it could go. For this semester, I refocused Boost and changed the perspective to imagine it as a business and a fitness community. Even though I refocused the business, I still wanted the end deliverable to be an application, but also feature accompanying documents/products that support the business such as a Business Model Canvas and merchandise.
Boost 2.0 is a total change from the 1st version. The downfall from the previous project was that it seemed to get lost with all of the other competitor gym applications on the market. By changing the focus to being a fitness community, it really allowed me to utilise social aspects, along with having to accommodate for all types of fitness. To make sure my app was suited for my audience, I did a lot of user interviews and user testing. Through 1-to-1 interviews and online surveys I received quality data from the potential users, which helped fuel the content and the design for the app. The outcome of Boost 2.0 has been very successful. The app had a full re-design which looked really slick and modern. Although the app looked good, it functioned really well too. This was down to my 3 stages of user testing being successful. By creating a range of documents/products to support the brand, it really helped to bring the business together. This was the first time I’ve looked at a project with a more ‘business head’ and it opened my eyes to more than just creating an app. Boost 2.0 has taught me to analyse the ‘whole package’ and I’m really pleased with that.